Supremacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Supremacy

Supremacy Guild ^^

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Holic is dead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:27 am by kamilek1996

» news and updates
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 pm by kirch

» Guildie Hang out pics at Hazewoods
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:13 am by anami

» Supremacy Comics Presents The Tale of Skyleaf!!
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:18 am by kirch

» kamilek1996 =_=
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 am by kamilek1996

» recruiting?
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 am by elynnzo

» Supremacy Comic
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:14 pm by elynnzo

» Stuffed Toys
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:24 pm by kirch

» elynnzo's Indonesia trip Album
xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:34 am by elynnzo

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xbombr

xbombr

xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Empty
PostSubject: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Description of a warrior: The warrior is the tanking class, specializing in health, defense, and damage reduction(flex) The warrior's skill damage is the lowest of any class and the pattack damage is the 3rd worst. Don't let that discourage you though :3 warriors are a very very strong class if used correctly.

Playing as a warrior:

Solo- Rarely (if ever at all)fight one mob at a time. Warriors can hold 3-5 mobs if geared properly and take them down without any danger of dying.(if geared well you can take a full 8 mobs though it requires skill and a lot of potting) Go to an area with mobs that are aggro and have repeats(assuming its a worthwhile one) and pull as many as you can or think you can handle into one area and use your aoe debuffs. These are the key to speeding up how fast you kill as a warrior. You can do up to 200% of your normal damage with debuffs active so if they run out keep debuffing. Aoe stun (if you have it, i think its a level 37-ish skill, but you can search if you're curious) the group of mobs. Switch to a good 2h(quickslot your swords and shield on the bar, to be effective you need both) and use your 2h aoe charge skill while the stun on the group is active so you dont take damage without a shield. Quickly switch back to your sword and shield after the aoe is finished and do a storm wave (also assuming you have it) the group by aiming just behind the mobs with the cursor.(every mob in front of you should be hit if you aimed it correctly and it makes a really cool sound xD) By the time the storm wave is finished it should be about time to pot(you can pot anytime after you switch back to 1h, don't pot in 2h because the mobs get free shieldless hits on you) At this time the cooldown on your stun should be done and you can restart the process until all of the mobs are dead.

Party play- Warriors party well with monks, mages, and hunters for aoe parties. Boss hunting works well with any class, rogue probably being the best for dps and priest for healing(which will make a warrior pretty much invincible if he's the correct level for the boss) For boss party just try to maintain aggro, use your debuffs, shield attack so the boss is stunned, once that's up use shield spin even though it's an aoe and costs lots of mp, and make sure you have plenty of mp and hp pots incase its a close battle. For aoe party, its your job to lure and use your shouts to maintain aggro on the group while you also debuff and sponge damage while either a monk charges aoe or the mage nukes the crowd you've gathered. Also you can aoe yourself, its a very similar process to solo aoeing, just you have the support of a class that can actually do damage.

Gearing - There's several ways to approach gearing. Just remember that you want to have as much flex as you can without ruining your accuracy. Get glory armor. You want 3 parts minimum. If one part is blessing use a glory weapon and build your fatal. If you have full glory use a blessing weapon and build your crit. If you have a blessing weapon get glory bracelets and a blessing neck. If you have a glory weapon use the level 45 quest neck and blessing bracelets. Neither way is right..just different.

50+ gear locations: Some gear is really hard to come across at higher levels so i'll list some places to get stuff so you can hunt

53: Glory/Blessing Simple pants - I've heard of most of these pairs being found in cactus, though i've yet to actually find one myself
57: Glory/Blessing Simple Glove - Found in vicious donderos in FV
61: Glory/Blessing Lemonbunt shoes - Found from senekuesse in FV
62: Glory/Blessing Lemonbunt Jacket - Found on kosharu (62) in FV
65: Glory/Blessing Lemonbunt Pants - Found from level 64 insane stumps(elite) in maze

Weapons
Nightmare(level 49): blue coyotes(49) in strider
Dark Sword(level 50): Found from orcs(50 elite) in the lake of lamentione
Simiter(level 52): dropped by amigo cactus(52) in strider
Lightning sword(1h) painatan(2h) (level 56): both found from elder manes(55) and tiamats in strider canyon
Boar hunter(level 60): though i don't have one of these, a lot of level 60 weapons drop from maze tiamats(59 maze elite) and ebon clan wolves(58 swamp elite) and level 60 mobs in FV
Moonsword(level63): drops on senekue of malice (level 62 elite)in maze of lamentione
Afena(2h)(level 64): drops from insane stumps(level 64 elite) in maze of lamentione
Iveria(level 65): Dropped by Librarian of the Immortal(also known as chairs)(level 65 elite) in maze of lamentione.

Important terms for a warrior to know:

aggro: having aggro means that a mob is focusing its attacks on you
aggro cap: The aggro cap in holic is 8 mobs. Any player may hold aggro on no more than 8 mobs. (warriors can sometimes hold aggro on more by attacking a mob outside of the 8 they have on them or using shouts)
aoe: area of effect. (for warriors aoes are stamp out, hostile deprive, fury shout, stormwave, and shieldspin)
Critical: The chance to do 200% damage on a single strike or combo strike. Rare against high levels mobs. Indicated by large font size for damage numbers and the character grunting as they strike the enemy
Debuff: the warriors defense lowering moves(hostile deprive, pulverize, fury shout)
Fatal: The chance to do 120% damage. Indicated by the word hit upon a sucessful attack. This is more easily executed than crit against mobs of any level.
Flex: the chance to reduce damage by 80% This is the warrior's most essential stat to build.
Fury Shout: A strong and inaccurate(don't know the actual % but it seems about 20-30%) aoe attack debuff(the description says defense, but this actually seems to reduce the attack the mobs within the radius) that the warrior has
Hostile Deprive: A very powerful aoe defense debuff with almost 100% accuracy
lure: attracting mobs into a group for aoe or other attacks
Pulverize: a single enemy attack that has a weak and short defense debuffing effect
Stamp out: the 2h charge aoe (level 7 has a 3.5 second charge time)
Stormwave: An aimed aoe attack with a 10 meter target range that you select based on cursor placement.

Special notes:
Flex > Def: meaning if you have the choice between a higher level green/blessing and a lower level glory take the glory. wear 46 glory shoes rather than 48 green ones,the 50 glory clorc instead of wailing heart. ect.
Use that mount: Attack on your mount. You have enough def and flex to where it wont die easily. You don't attack much slower and you move faster between mobs. If you're solo with nonaggro mobs or there's a lot of space between mobs(strider) or at fungus make sure you use your mount for attacking. You'll find that it's a lot faster using a mount if you're just running between mobs and picking off only what you need or just using it for luring. But if you get to an area with multiple "objective" mobs use your aoes and fight on foot.
Elite mobs: Don't fight them very often unless you have a repeat for them that you like or you need certain gear from them. Warriors kill them way too slow for it to be decent exp.
Boss hunting: Warriors can solo bosses if geared properly as low as 3-5 levels above the bosses' level with heavy potting(the only exception is baupas due his ability to aoe stun, you'll want to be about 9-10 levels above him). It can actually turn out to be decent exp(for what you're doing) and yield rare items on occasion that can be sold for a decent price.

Thanks for reading my guide O_o sorry it's so long but that's most of everything i know about playing as a warrior.

Any questions ask me in game or post them below :3

xbombr

Last edited by xbombr on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
elynnzo

elynnzo

PostSubject: Re: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 pm

o____o

nicely written o_o ure good.
Back to top Go down
http://znyle.wordpress.com
xbombr

xbombr

PostSubject: Re: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:02 pm

thanks ;O

i'm currently planning on trying out a full glory glory weapon build :3

but i'll be level 65 when it's finished so it'll be a while.. i'll update this guide with new info when i get it ^^;

xbombr
Back to top Go down
xbombr

xbombr

PostSubject: Re: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:42 pm

o____o anyone think i should post it in the holic forums?

xbombr
Back to top Go down
elynnzo

elynnzo

PostSubject: Re: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:51 am

yeah i think you should Smile but they might use it for the fansite T__T ahahha joke. just post it
Back to top Go down
http://znyle.wordpress.com
xbombr

xbombr

PostSubject: Re: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:51 am

nah if you guys want to use it, just credit me into the site building so i can get in on the prizes Razz

xbombr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior   xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

xbombr's officially official guide to being a warrior
Page 1 of 1